Founded in the traditions of faith and service, Family Outreach Community United Services (FOCUS) is a community based agency called to embrace people in need, bring voice to the voiceless, and restore hope and dignity to the forgotten. FOCUS fosters the skills that enable people to gain control of their lives and their futures by providing the necessary steps to emerge from homelessness and poverty, and gain economic and social stability.
Thanks for visiting. Your support is appreciated.
• From January 1 through June 30, 2014, FOCUS has provided housing and other support services for 120 families, including 138 adults and 240 children
• $19 per person/per day provides hope, a home, and independence
• $104 per year purchases books and other employment supplies for one of our participants
• $52 fills a Welcome Basket with cleaning supplies, dish soap and kitchen towels for a family entering FOCUS programming
• Approximately 87% of our revenue goes directly towards programs and services
• As of June 30, 2014, our Front Door Ministry has provided emergency food and other referral services to nearly 9,000 individuals
• Nearly 20% of our clients are homeless because they have had the courage to leave a domestic abuse situation
• It has been said that the strength of a community can be measured by how well it pulls together to help those in need
• At FOCUS, we provide the support that allows our participant families to overcome the hopelessness of poverty and build the foundation for a stable life
FOCUS’ new Learning Room for our participant children to stay busy while their parents work with FOCUS staff! Thanks to Title One Funding for helping provide such an enriching environment.
Members of FOCUS’ staff and board of directors, along with volunteers from ABLE, came together for a neighborhood clean-up on Saturday, June 14th. Volunteers walked a two-city block area, picking up trash. Heading the Saturday morning group, FOCUS board president, Drew Masse, said “FOCUS staff offices are in this neighborhood, and many of our clients live in this area as well. So it’s really up to all of us when it comes to keeping things clean and nice looking.” The weather cooperated for a change, and the volunteers were all left with a smile and a sense of having done something nice for others.
FOCUS hosts a neighborhood clean-up several times each year. Keep an eye on our calendar to see when the next one is scheduled – we could use your help!